You right-click on the VI icon when it's open and choose VI options.
Under Execution (I can't remember the exact text, my version is in
German) you can choose specific options for the window appearance.  In
the version I have posted, the options for "Show panel when called"
and "Close afterwards if originally closed" are selected.
Additionally, I have chosen to not show the scroll-bars, menu list and
the tool bar with the run buttons, but these are purely cosmetic.

Have a look through the options of my posted VI to see.

Hope this helps

Shane.