> Hi Rolf, You work for NI Now?

I wish.  Personally, Rolf says what I'd say 60% of the time, but I don't
have to say it.  Thanks Rolf.

> I mean : I don't need any explanations why this works this way. I
> need, if exists, a direct and elegant workaround to my problem.
> So if you don't have any solution, don't waste your time by giving an
> "answer" that any commercial guy could give...
> Sorry to be dure, but I think that this kind of non answering come
> back a litle to often...

The hotkeys don't work, and that is a bug.  I tested a version of 7.1
and it wasn't fixed there either, though I'm testing what is on my home
machine which is  beta.  The key focus properties do work as does
tabbing once you are inside the subPanel.  In my opinion, the hotkeys
will always be a bit dicey since you can now easily have multiple
destinations for the same key.  That isn't why this wasn't finished, but
even when it works, it will always cause trouble with hot keys.

My workaround, though not that elegant would be to scan the Controls[]
looking for ones with Keynav values.  Remember who they are and what key
they were assigned, then in the host, you register for keys, decide who
gets them, and set the Key Focus property to True.  It will take a bit
of programming to make it general, but then you could use it for lots of
situations.

To do this one-off for a single or small set of subpanels, make
offscreen controls that mirror the hotkey settings and when they get
focus, they kick it to the subpanel versions of themselves.  Definitely
not elegant, but quick in a pinch.

Greg McKaskle