MichaelS wrote:
> Thanks a lot, it helps.
>
> How come NI did not address this issue yet?! They got to have a
> universal "GetTypeofVariant" thing somehwere there, I am pretty sure.
>
> Regards,
>
> Michael

Can't you do all this with references? After all, the terminal could be
a reference to a generic control. But LabVIEW is a strongly typed
language, so what you want to do is not an issue, that is why it is not
addressed. The 'universal' solution is to create your own language that
solves your problem and then implement an interpreter or compiler in
LabVIEW, as Turing did in on his infinite tape.