> What I mean to say is the use of time is inconsistant. Trying to put
> time on the x-axis of a chart is terrifying. XY chart is pretty easy
> and intuitive. Measurement Studio and VB is intuitive.
>
> The realtime.vi is a help but what happens when your data is coming in
> at irregular intervals. (40sec to 1hour++)

If you send waveforms to a chart, each waveform has a t0, and the
waveform can have one point or 1,000,000.  So to get a variable time
chart that isn't completely XY -- won't do circles -- just send a
waveform with one point to the chart.  This means every point is
timestamped and you probably will get what you want.

I believe this is what happens by default when using single point DAQ.

Greg McKaskle