Good Afternoon all,
   I've noticed that there has already been some dicussion about the improvement of
certain aspects of LabVIEW VISA usage with the release of LabVIEW 7.1. Has anyone any
feel for any impact in the response time, particularly in setting attributes (parity,
etc.), either improvement, or negative impact. I'm interested between 7.1, 7.0 and
6.1. I, at my customer's request, have been working in 6.1, but they approached me
Friday and said that at least one of their engineer's was going to try 7.1 as soon as
they got the CD. My problems with doing 9-bit serial are _almost_ resolved, but the
required parity switching between send and receive is on the hairy edge, timing wise,
sometimes missing the first byte (the responding device's address). I have now gotten
it to be about 98% reliable, but am looking to make it more like 99.99%. Also, is
there any impact to running an "exe" version, or is what I'm looking at more a
function of the Windows-VISA interface? Thanks, for the suggestions sent directly, and
if KevinZ could write too me again, I lost your email address and would like to
continue the thread we had started.

Thanks again to all, happy wiring,

Putnam Monroe
Senior Engineer