I like to write instrument state data to data files so that there is a
record of instrument settings with the data.  The instrument I have
does not have query functions for most of its settings, nor a learn
string, or anything else.  The only solution that I can see is to
initialize the instrument, then keep a running record of all commands
that the controller sends.  Any thoughts on the best way to implement
this? Would it be appropriate to tag this info into the error string
and pull it out when exiting the VI?  Are there any examples of
dealing with this problem.

Thanks