Hi,

this may be not the best adress, but who knows?
My test automation system is not wprking since monday morning and NI Germany is of no functional help so far.
Here's a description as published already on develloper exchange:

I'm in trouble with my T&A system. After last weekend both my PXI-4070 DMMs are no longer 'active'. The last action I do remember is updating NI-SwitchExec to the most recent version.

I see both DMMs in MAX as 'PXI1Slot7' and '..8', both in tradDAQ and DAQmx. Both entries show device params like SN#, socket#, IRQ-level and so on. In tradDAQ I can even initiate a ressource test under 'properties', which tells me the device passed.
If I try to initiate a self test under DAQmx, I get "error -88705: The specified device is not present or not active in the system. It may not be installed, unplugged or not correctly installed. Device: unknown device".

I even can not delete this device, neither when having it installed in the chassis nor when having it uninstalled. Even a 'reset NIDAQmx configuration' or a temp renaming of the config3.mxs does not remove 'em.
BTW, the MAX config file config3.mxs is quite large (4.5MB).
Any hints rather than re-installing the whole system?
(Its quite complex: W2k, LV7, TS, IVI, 34 serial ports, GPIB, PXI-1010, 2 DMM4070, a 1129 switch matrix, a 1160 MUX, a 6508 and a 6711. There's a mySQL database running that is accessed from TS3. Took a very long time to get all working properly... )

-- Mit freundlichen Grüßen! Greetings from Germany! -- Uwe Frenz

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Dr. Uwe Frenz Entwicklung getemed Medizin- und Informationtechnik AG Oderstr. 59 D-14513 Teltow

Tel.  +49 3328 39 42 0
Fax   +49 3328 39 42 99
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
WWW.Getemed.de