If you are performing any sort of mathermatical analysis, then you
should upgrade your base version of LabVIEW to either full or
professional.  The extra cost for the upgrade will be paid for as soon
as you call the Sinewaveform VI you mentioned.  In addition to
function generation, you will get analysis routines for FFTs, Linear
Alg, Filters, Windowing, etc.

I used to have the base version only, and I wonder how I got anything
done.  It seemed that I always needed to write my own math routines.
What a waste of time!  Just call the ones that the experts write,
debug, and maintain.