Mads,
Thanks for that, I am struggling, My current PC configuration is one
98SE PC connected to the internet using broadband and a XP laptop
connected to the net using a 56.6k modem. I tried using Simple Data
Server, Simple Data Client vi's. I found what I think is the IP
address of the PC which I set to server and tried substituting the
text "localhost" on the client vi with the PC IP address.

I can get both vi working on one machine at the same time but I cannot
the get the client to receive data via internet (TCP/IP ?) on the
laptop. Is more IP address needed? ie. default gateway & subnet mask
or is the IP address enough?
Help. Regards Chris