Jason:

I'm not sure if they support it, but in general you should call VISA Set
Buffer Size (from C it's viSetBuf) to set the driver's read/receive buffer
size for each port.  With most serial drivers, that overrides any default
buffer size.

Dan Mondrik
National Instruments

|---------+-------------------------------->
|         |           "Jason Dunham"       |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   |
|         |           Sent by:             |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           .nhmfl.gov>          |
|         |                                |
|         |                                |
|         |           05-28-2004 09:41 AM  |
|---------+-------------------------------->

  |       cc:
                          |
  |       Subject:  RE: Anyone had any experience with FTDI232 or 245 based modules
inLabview?                   |

I've used them on three projects now.  It's just as easy as it sounds to
use VISA with their virtual COM port driver.  I also have some VIs to
connect with their DLL and that works too.

The only hitch so far is that there seems to be an internal 4k buffer
somewhere in the driver, so when I stream data at 921600 baud, sometimes
VISA or my old PIII can't empty the buffer fast enough.

Jason Dunham
SF Industrial Software, Inc.