> Is there any way to get LabVIEW to read a user specific LabVIEW.ini file? I
> don't have write privileges to the Program Files directory and am therefore
> stuck with the default choices from NI. Aren't well-behaved applications
> supposed to store preferences in the 'Documents and Settings/<User Name>'
> folder anyways?

Add -pref filename.ini to the labview command.  If using the explorer,
make an alias/shortcut that gets launched, and specify any path/relative
path you like.

And yeah, LV should really default to using the user directory, but
there is also convenience in it working this way for built apps.

Greg McKaskle