Thank you for the suggestions however the only way I can seam to get a
significant improvement in the speed is to disable the main chart,
something that I do not want to do. The main chart shows the last
10000 samples acquired on each channel and displays them for the user
to monitor. Removing the chart means that the user can no longer
monitor the activity on the channels. The chart must be a strip chart
as the scope sweep options do not work well.

1) The chart cannot be updated every =91xth=92 loop as spikes in the
acquired data channels (a prominent feature of the recordings) will be
lost, this is especially true for our timing triggers.
2) The main chart is not set to synchronous display.
3) Auto-scaling must be kept on as the amplitudes of the recorded
channels varies greatly.
4) There are some labels that overlap the main chart and removing them
does speedup the application but only slightly.
5) The chart is already =91bare bones=92 the data only has lines and no
symbols or fills.

I did put in a collector and change the chart to sweep but the
increase in speed was not great enough to justify the transient
artefacts that occurred between the time the acquisition started and
the time the display settled down and acted just like a strip chart.

I have emailed the application to [EMAIL PROTECTED] as Greg suggested to see
if I am missing something. But I am open to any other ideas.