Code Challenge: (Part II)
>grab a VI's own icon, drag and drop, and (if you have
>a switch or two set and some LabVIEW scripting in
>place) have the VI replaced on the diagram with a subVI
>created from a template (like the Factorial VI) modified
>by LabVIEW scripting, with the name of the VI replaced,
>or Run Method calls, etc.

Just thought of a possible easier alternate method,
the:
 "General Recursion Call (Variant).vi"

1. Use Call Chain or OpenG vi to get reference to calling VI.
2. Use LabVIEW scripting to get calling VIs connector pane.
3. Use Get Controls (Variant) from OpenG to read the indicator(s) of the
calling VI.
4. Use Set Controls (Variant) from OpenG to write to the control(s) of the
new instance of the calling VI.
5. Use Run Method with Wait for Completion = TRUE
6. Use Get Controls (Variant) to read the indicator(s) of the new instance
VI.
7. Process and return...

Granted, it is not "grabbing own VI icon", but include in \user.lbi\...
etc...
Did I forget anything? Now, who will come up with the most elegant
implementation, or a proof that this will not work?

As my college prof's all said,
"the rest is left as an excercise for the student..."

Ciao,
Michael
Michael C. Ashe         Imaginatics
Control & Test Systems