I think database locking and all does not come into picture till the
time you are just reading the data. As a matter of fact in my handler
I try to run a stored procedure which has data insertion but it
happens only in oracle global temporary table. These tables are used
for parallel run and insertion can happen simultaneously in different
sessions, in fact each session gets it own copy of global temporary
tables. If I try running my stored procedures from two different
instances of TOAD(interactive utility to work with oracle) the stored
procedures run parallely independent of each other.

I just tried running TOAD and my program together and they did run
without problem. Indication oracle for ODBC driver also is capable of
multithreading.

However I am not so sure about the way 'oracle ODBC driver' and
labVIEW interacts?