I was able to enable the menu but the problem still persists.  Do you
know of any other reason why this could happen?  The number of columns
shown in the table is always the number needed for the data that is
selected when the text file is opened.  It is just unable to change
once a new selection is made in the menu ring for the table.  I guess
that means that the subvi that I showed you is working correctly now
because the formatting is there, but the program itself seems to be
defaulting to the formatting of the selected data in the menu and is
unable to change.  Do you have any idea why this could happen.  I also
have a graphing program that is called through my main program.  It is
supposed to analyze the data of the text file that is open at the
time, but it seems to only do this for the first text file, and every
time I open another and click on the graphing program, it is still
showing that it is graphing the data of the first file.  However, I do
not have this problem when the program is run in LabVIEW.