I am a bit unsure of what you are trying to accomplish. Are you trying
to recognize ANY voice (someone said "hello") or are you trying to
differentiate between voices (Mary is the person talking)?  If it is
the first, I think you would have better luck with calling a
commercial package.

If it is the differentiation, you can have a message for them to say
and then compare the waveforms that are spoken.  I think you would
want to compare the envelopes of the waveforms in some way.  Maybe
using spectral measurements to determine the main frequency components
of the entered waveform.