When I said efficiency, I was refering to the fact that recursive calls are reputed
inefficient in LabVIEW. I guess It is less
efficient to instanciate the VI space than to pre/reallocate an array for next data
level.
Often it is not possible to figure how is "big enough" without first digging in the
recursion tree.

>It seems to me that recursion is needed when you you didn't think you would have
>needed it in the first place!!!
>(design phase)

It is the nature of the task that requires recursion, not the designer to decide! But
the programmer can implement it with recursive
calls or while loops.

Jean-Pierre Drolet
www.avensys.ca

Couldn't you just allocate a big enough stack to begin with, or allocate chunks of it
as you go on(initialize and resize array) and
get an efficient behavior?