Hello

I have a situation which I will try to 'best' describe below:

1. In one of the Event cases in my Main vi, I have LV code which
executes a test that includes setting certain H/W and reading various
instruments.

2. This execution in (1) executes a vi that is down as follows
Main->sub1->sub2->sub3.

3. From sub3 I would like to pass some info up to Main where I want to
display that thru an indicator, to a user.

4. What would be a good way to do this, given the constraint that I
prefer to avoid wiring from sub3 all the way thru to Main? I would
like to feed back this info as the sub3 changes it and still in
execution. Want to avoid wiring since I already have so many I/O
terminals being used(yes, even after clustering) on the connector
pane.

Is there a way to do this using refnums between the main and sub3
without having to go thru the intermediate vi's?

Is there a way to read the output of a connector terminal of sub3
directly in Main? Something I saw in an LV manual about strictly typed
VI, call by reference node etc, that I saw but not fully clear on.

Thanks for any tips & ideas.

Khan Kabir
Xerox Corporation
Rochester, NY