Hi All,

You may remember I asked about solutions for storing video images of a process for observation only (it's a quality control thing- no image analysis at all).

Many suggested using Chris Salzmann's QuickTime VIs or Irene He's IVision.

I may have found another solution, but I need some more advice.

A company called Mavix has a system which records video over IP to a RAID (7MB/minute). This is really overkill as far as frame speed, but it would make life extremely easy for me because:

1) I wouldn't have to grab, store and manage images
2) The user wouldn't have to waste time burning images to DVD every day
3) The PC processor would not have the additional overhead with the video

However, they store their files (each file is 1 or 3 minutes long) in MPEG4 format and they have their own drivers for Windows Media Player (WMP).

I could just launch WMP whenever the user wanted to see the video for a specific part (passing it the appropriate file based on date and time), but that's not the most elegant solution.

My question is (finally): is there any way to embed WMP (ActiveX?) inside a LabVIEW window so I can at least make it seem like only one application is running? I think it would be a better "user experience" if s/he didn't have to switch back and forth between LabVIEW and WMP all the time.

Any suggestions?
Thanks (in advance),
E. Blasberg
iDAQ Solutions Ltd.