Uwe et al.

You are right, the small PXI-1002 Chassis I got was so awfully load
that I had to modify it with a new temperature regulated silent
ventilator. Now it is almost as silent as my nifty i-Mac which hums
so silently that I can barely tell its is on at all. I program my PXI
from an i-Mac and that's fun.

I am actually right now waiting for the LV 7.1 RT-Modules for MacOS-X
because I found some misbehavior with the RT-FIFO VIs. Has anybody
else had difficulties with RT-FIFOs under MacOS-X? That was with the
LV7 Modules and hopefully things will clear up with the LV7.1 ones.

Cheers

Urs

Urs Lauterburg
Physics demonstrator
LabVIEW wireworker
Physics Institute
University of Bern
Switzerland

Urs,

you wrote on June 11:
 I personally prefer a real RT controller over a gray PC box. However this
 of course could be a viable option too, a bit bulky maybe. Will the PharLap
 OS control any DAQ boards in the PC box the same way it does it on a PXI
 form factor chassis.
I had this opinion too when I had to decide what to buy as the base
for an industrial test system.
I took a PXI-1010 combo chassis and a MXI-3 data link to a PC.
Sounds good and has a good technical base, but is horribel to work
side-by-side. Not really like a starting chessna airplane, but
really disturbingly loud. It is designed to work in a rack housing.
And thats what might be the only possibel solution in the long run
(but can't be achieved in my case).
Anyway, a good PC (or Mac or whatever) is much more convinient to work aside.
AND, in my opinion, a modern (desktop) PC is even less bulky than
the PXI-1010.

Just my ¤ 0.02!

Greetings from Germany!
--
Uwe Frenz

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Dr. Uwe Frenz Entwicklung getemed Medizin- und Informationtechnik AG Oderstr. 59 D-14513 Teltow

Tel.  +49 3328 39 42 0
Fax   +49 3328 39 42 99
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
WWW.Getemed.de