Hi,

I have a Labview-based measurement application that communicates with a GPIB-equipped
mulitmeter. I would like to turn this application into a GPIB instrument itself, so
that it can be connected to and run under our test executive. I have not made any LV
apps acting as GPIB instruments before so I have some questions for you LV/GPIB
experts out there:

Is it a good idea to put another GPIB board into the computer and have the two
categories of GPIB comm separated. (these two categories would be 1) the app. talking
to the multimeter and 2) the test executive demanding measurements from the app.)

Should I instead try to put both these GPIB communications on one GPIB bus? I have
read about things like System Controllers and Controllers In Command (CIC).

Any advice, examples and tips about where one can read about these things, are welcome!

  Andreas Nilsson,
  SP Swedish National Testing and Research Institute
  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]