Hi Eric,

Thanks for the example. I haven't studied George's latest solution with queues yet, but the one you sent to me requires this repository of event registration refnum stored in indicators on the front panel... I guess I would prefer personally to export it to a LV 2-type global (subVi with a while loop and shift registers). I think that was the kind of solution that I had dreamed of when I sent my first request.
Thanks everybody for your feedback.
X.

Eric Scott wrote:

X.,

I now understand. In the top level vi, you can populate indicators with the event registration refnum when the vi is started. Then, when the child vi is spawned, it can make a call via vi-server (open reference) to read the refnum value from the top level vi, and feed this into a generate event. I created some code, I will send it to you privately.

Eric

-----Original Message----- From: Xavier Michalet [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 2004 1:47 PM To: Eric Scott Cc: Paul F. Sullivan; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; George Gatling (Contractor) Subject: Re: Generic UI question

Hi Eric, Paul,

again the pb is that these are dynamically launched subVis (so maybe I shouldn't have called them subVis in the first place. I'll call them Child Vis). Dynamic event registration, as far as I understand, has to be performed out of the main Vi while loop, so that I would have to launch all Children at once and keep them in memory. This is not what I want. The point is that these Children can be removed from memory, reloaded, etc on demand from the user.
Do I understand you correctly ?
X.