On 22/02/2008, ik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  I asked to mark the libc unit as obsolete because it set only for
>  i386, but many users here use it anyway, although the Unix libraries
>  have the same functions as well..

Well, not all of them!  In the fpGUI project I use two libc functions
for Linux which aren't available in the unixbase etc units.  I did
IFDEF that code, created an alternative for other platforms like
FreeBSD and limited it to only one location in the code so as not to
use it elsewhere.

But yes, libc can be misleading to a unknown developer. I fell in that
trap in the beginning when I didn't know it was Linux and x86
specific.

Regards,
  - Graeme -