2008/5/28 Marc Weustink <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>> Note:
>>   It's very annoying that you cannot post a note to a 'resolved' item
>> in Mantis!!!  Is there any way to lift this restriction?
>
> With what use ? Big chance that it won't be read.

Wouldn't they get the notification emails?  eg: I get notification
emails on all Mantis bug reports. I saw the message that Vincent
posted and didn't know what he was talking about. I couldn't post a
note because the issue was resolved. If it was open, it would not have
any problem.

I think if you can prevent posting notes on 'closed' bug reports only,
that's fine, but 'resolved' should still be possible. Also for the
reason that the bug fix could possibly not be 100% yet on all systems.

As far as I understand the status works something like the following....

New                       - allow posting notes
Acknowledged        - allow
Assigned                - allow
Resolved                - allow
  Reopen                - allow
Closed                   - don't allow posts

Regards,
 - Graeme -