Zitat von Tobias Giesen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Hello,
>
> two questions: do I really need to copy the project's search paths into
> the separate CodeTools dialog so that my units are found?

Who told you that?
Don't add anything to the Codetools dialog path unless you have hundreds of
Delphi packages and projects and are too lazy to do it right.

Probably you forgot to add the unit to the project.

> Or is this something I could try to implement, making CodeTools aware
> of the project's search paths?

The project search paths are defined in the project's compiler options plus the
packages compiler options.
You can see the projects search paths in the compiler options dialog 'inherited
tab' or the 'Show options'. And you can see the search paths for every unit via
the popup menu of the source editor File Settings / Unit Info.

Mattias