Makes sense,or well depends on how old the plans are, and how much
SynEdit has moved since.
One block, that is of particular interest to me is the PaintLines.

PaintLines happens to be an IFDEF SYNLAZ over several 100 (or 1000?)
lines. A complete Lazarus, and a complete Original version.
IMHO an IfDef of this Size IMHO doesn't serve the protection/diff
purpose very much?

I have a patch/prototype (still some cleanup on it) for a "highlight
All" during search feature. Marc Weustink has a copy of this (because I
had previously send other patches to him).
This will however require some changes to PaintToken.
Also PaintToken appears to have several other shortcomings/bugs, which
could easily be fixed/
=> but all of those would probably end up in a rewrite of PaintToken
(which is why I haven't reported those issues yet)

Any feedback guiding me in this issue would be welcome.
I can also (in the evening) mail my prototype and comments about it =>
but I don't know what/if Marc has any plans on it.

Another idea (and so far not beyond the state of an idea) is to move all
TextMarking (HighlightBrackets, SpecialLines, SelectedBlock, and the new
HighlightAll => features that are not SynEditHighlighter), into a new
class SynEditTextMarkup. However "PaintLines" still would need changes.

Best Regards
Martin