On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 10:15 AM, EarMaster - Bent Olsen
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> How does TEdit find which font to use, or which font does a component like
> TEdit use, which then I can apply to a TLabel control?

TEdit is a native Windows control, and by default Windows will choose
the adequate font. The font differs between different Windows
versions. The default font under XP is Tahoma, as explained here:

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/LCL_Unicode_Support#East_Asian_languages_on_Windows

TLabel is not a native control. It is drawn by LCL, so LCL chooses the
font by default. I don't know which font LCL uses by default for
TLabel.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho