Zitat von Hans-Peter Diettrich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Now I could make Lazarus run, from the SVN. Here some notes:
>
> 1. We already know that a single configuration location is bad.
> Subdirectories for specific versions were nice.
>
> 1.1 Automatic correction for all absolute pathes were nice. I'm missing
> an menu entry for "adjust all pathes to (this) Lazarus root directory",
> for an automatic update of all related configuration files. The
> (template?) files could contain placeholders for the FPC and Lazarus
> root directories, wherever updates are required, for safe and easy
> replacement.

Yes.

> 2. Help Configuration
> [I've updated and put some rants into the Wiki]

Please put rants into the bug tracker. This is less effective for publicity, but
more effective to get it fixed.

> 2.1 The help (at least for the browser setup) should occur in hints,
> because online help relies on a valid browser link.

Do you mean: The parameters in the configure help should show hints?

> 2.2 On Windows, the default browser can be used by simply opening the
> files, and let the file type system determine the according application.
>
> "BrowserPath" and a distinct "Name" property are confusing. I tried to
> split the browser location into path and filename, what obviously didn't
> work :-(

Yes. Name and Tag are inherited from TComponent and should be hidden.

> 2.3 When the distributed archive contains subdirectories, it should be
> sufficient to set up the html path once, with automatic expansion for
> the subdirectory pathes. (extra "All Defaults" button?)

What distributed archive do you mean?

> 2.4 What's the suggested StartPage? I couldn't find a global index.html
> page in the distributed archive.

I don't know about the 'distributed archive', but the default is

$(lazarussrcdir)/docs/index.html

Mattias