On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 12:47 PM, Michael Van Canneyt
<mich...@freepascal.org> wrote:

>> I just thought you might be interested in this:
>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/01/21/git_gaining_ground/
>
> Git is certainly promising (I keep an eye on it since some time),

I agree, Git certainly is promising.  And for the German readers
around,  freeX Magazine will have an "Introduction to Git" article in
the March edition. ;-)

> If there is an interest, then maybe we can set up a git mirror of
> the SVN repository; There seem to be tools for this.

I just don't recommend everybody try and mirror the SVN repository. I
did that in December against the Lazarus SVN repository. It took damn
long getting the full history - but luckily that task is only required
once!

If somebody wants to host a Git mirror, I can archive the one I
created and make it available for download. It will save you a *huge*
amount of time.

Regards,
  - Graeme -