On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 02:23, Florian Klaempfl <flor...@freepascal.org> wrote:
> Alexander Klenin schrieb:
>> By the way, Mercurial mirror seems to be stuck again since r18773.
>> What is the problem with it?
>
> Here it is at 18780?

Works for me now, too. What is the update interval? It seems some
commits appear immediately,
while others lags for few minutes to an hour.

On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 02:28, Florian Klaempfl <flor...@freepascal.org> wrote:
> Alexander Klenin schrieb:
>> I resorted to manually converting files back and forth. It is not
>> hard, but tedious.
>
> So we cannot recommend this really to people :(

Actually, I think we still can. The DVCS model itself is so powerful
that I will probably
use Mercurial for Lazarus even though I can now commit to svn directly
and even despite all the warts of Mercurial's interface.
See e.g. a comment about patch management I made in issue 13214.
Another important thing for me is speed -- just to view a diff
for _one file_ for some commit in the history with TortoiseSVN
takes from 1 to 10 minutes, depending on file size and connection
speed fluctuations.
The blame is so slow it is out of question.
OTOH, with Mercurial both operations are instantaneous, since they are local.

--
Alexander S. Klenin