Michael Van Canneyt schrieb:

>> An unhandled exception IMO is due to some software bug, which the user
>> cannot cure in any way.
>
> That's a very restrictive definition of exception. An exception is
> a way to stop the normal logic and flow of the program.

ACK. And try-except clauses are the way to catch exceptions.

> In a GUI
> application, you rely on the program's event loop to catch the
> exception

I never did so, for my own or otherwise expected exceptions.

> (so it is definitely handled) and to show it to the
> user. If you don't want it to be shown, use the Abort exception.

Please don't confuse exception catching and handling. Only catching
exceptions can (mostly will) leave the application in an invalid state,
so that an abort is the only reasonable "handling".

DoDi