Bram Kuijvenhoven wrote:
> I don't have a Sybase server or even a Sybase ODBC driver here,
> but after modifying your code to connect to a MySQL server that
 >I have running, I also got an exception (an Access Violation actually).

Note that if the query SQL is invalid (such as a non existing table name
in SELECT), I get an Access Violation instead. Did you adapt the SQL to
your database?

On the other hand, I tested FPC 2.2.2 with Firebird (ODBC) and it gives
the same error. However, with IBConnection instead of ODBCConnection,
there is no error. So the error lies specifically in TODBCConnection.