Michael Van Canneyt escribió:
On Tue, 31 Mar 2009, svaa wrote:

Hello:

By the way, Watching the demo I can see that Lazarus compiles (or complies and links) very slow compared to codegear. And it is just "hello world" program. I have always felt the Lazarus was a little slow, but this demo has shown it clearly. In codegear, the click run pops a progress message for an instant and displays the application running, in Lazarus he has to wait several seconds to see the form running.

Do you have any clue of such a difference of performance?

This is a FAQ since day 1, I think :-)

Delphi works with the compiler in-memory, as a DLL. Lazarus has an external compiler, and often the compiler even calls an external linker.

This is a price you pay for a cross-platform solution.

It is a very good clue :-).
Besides this, I suppose gdb executable is nice beast as well.

It is an acceptable price. I wish designing webs and writing javascript for "cross-browser" solution were as cheap. You, lazarus' developers, have proved that Linux and win32 are more compatible than Firefox and IE.

Santiago A.