Henry Vermaak wrote:
> 2009/4/3 Graeme Geldenhuys <graemeg.li...@gmail.com>:
>> On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 2:18 PM, Paul Ishenin <webpi...@mail.ru> wrote:
>>> I think it will not grow to more than 2MB even after 2 years. Moreover I
>>> suspect size can go down when we start using native resources.
>> Well Paul, it is already way above 2MB!  Using Lazarus (trunk) r19175.
>>
>> LCL-fpGUI = 2,530,336 bytes
>> LCL-GTK1 = 2,700,452 bytes
>> LCL-GTK2 = 2,793,732 bytes
>
> i get 1,803,196 bytes for lcl-gtk2 (manually compiled with smartlink
> and -O2).  lazarus trunk and fpc trunk.
>
> henry

There is another question, which is debug info.I think it's precious to
have correct unit/line information in case of application crash in
customer computer. That means huge above 33MB applications.
I would be glad if debug info could be dumped into separate file AND
used by lineinfo and heaptrc in case of exception to show stack trace.Of
course as an optional way of distributing application.

Btw, under windows antivirus like Kaspersky is scanning new exe files
and in case of large file it can take a minute or more (when debug info
is included in exe) ! Imagine a user installed your application and
first running it, stuck with a problem and calling you that application
is not working.

Regards
Boguslaw