On 10/12/2016 01:10 PM, Adrian De Armas via Lazarus wrote:
Hello everyone,
I am a professor of "introduction to programming". Currently we are working
with matlab and c.

Today I had a meeting about doing the module more interesting to the
students. Currently we teach algorithms making console applications and
usually I receive questions like "Why don't we do something more modern?".

I recommended that we should use Pascal in General and Lazarus in
particular to teach how to create rich GUI Applications and to my surprise
the idea was well recieved. Now I have to make suggestions about how to
prepare the module starting from zero. Students do not know how to program
and I need to include subjects as: variable declaration, operations, if,
while, for, functions and procedure, arrays and multidimensional arrays.

I would love to know what you think about making the transition from
console to GUI.
This is an exciting opportunity I'd love to make it right.

As an electrical engineer (starting study at age 14) I've always enjoyed learning programming when it is *combined* with hardware. There are links to two such projects at the top of this page:
  http://controlpascal.com/tutorial.htm

There is a link near the bottom of that page to *ideU* which might be one way to transition from console to GUI.

Please keep us informed about how things progress!

Regard,
Paul