En Wed, 19 Oct 2016 11:07:35 -0500, Dennis via Lazarus <lazarus@lists.lazarus-ide.org> escribió:

LacaK via Lazarus wrote:

Hi *,

I need help with OCX component (not visual I guess), which I need use in Lazarus application (to control another application, which supplies this OCX control). I have imported type library using importtl.exe (new unit was created successfully)

Then in program I have created instance:
  v := CreateOleObject('SCAPS.ScSamlightClientCtrl');
or
intf := CreateComObject(CLASS_ScSamlightClientCtrl) as _DSamlight_client_ctrl_ocx;
What is the type of your V or intf  variable?

V: OLEVariant;
intf: _DSamlight_client_ctrl_ocx;

I am wild guessing maybe they are not proper referenced type so the object is created and then immediately freed.

There is something strange behind scene. I have tried various methods:
I remember in Delphi, I sometimes have to call CoInitialize and CoUninitialize.
Not sure if FPC has to do the same.
Have you tried that?

Dennis

--