On Sun, 7 May 2017, Sven Barth via Lazarus wrote:

Am 07.05.2017 12:11 schrieb "Michael Van Canneyt via Lazarus" <
lazarus@lists.lazarus-ide.org>:

Hi,

Can we please get rid of the Cc: being added to the mails sent through
the lazarus
mailing list ?

In most cases, when I reply, I get 2 recipients. I always must delete 1.

When the original mail comes from Mattias Gaertner, I *invariably* get 3
reply addresses:

to : Mattias Gaertner via Lazarus <lazarus@lists.lazarus-ide.org>
Cc : laza...@lists.lazarus.freepascal.org,
     Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaert...@netcologne.de>

I suspect that Mattias still uses the 'old' list address in his mails when
posting, and that this is why I get 3 recipients.

This is VERY annoying.

(not the mails from Mattias, but the mailing list behaviour ;) )

If you go back some months it was revealed that this is now necessary due
to increased security in Gmail and Co. Otherwise mails from the list would
be bounced.

Nonsense.

Adding the CC is absolutely not necessary for this, only the from: line needs to be adapted. An MTA doesn't look at CC.

Michael.