Hi.
I'm using Lazarus 1.6.4 and FPC 3.0.2, combined with a Firebird database. I've added all the fields of a table and use a datadictionary. I show the data in de DBGrid and use a seperate form to manipulate the data and to insert a new record. When inserting a new record, the DBGrid expands with a blank record. I don't like that, I wish the DBGrid to show only the valid records and a new record is not a valid record yet. 1. I've tried this with a query 'select * from dataset where number is not null'. This doesn't work. 2. I've tried this with dataset.Disablecontrols (and enablecontrols), this doesn't work either.
3. I've activated the option dgDisableInsert, that doesn't work either.
The only solution I found is to use in the DBGrid a seperate view I created in the database. It works, but I keep wondering if there is an other solution possible.

--
mvg
Frans van Leeuwen

---
Deze e-mail is gecontroleerd op virussen door AVG.
http://www.avg.com