FYI, there are few related bug reports about OnChange not firing correctly on Mac OS:
https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=24009 (year 2013)
https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=30167 (year 2016)

Denis

On 22/08/2017 15:34, Andrea Mauri via Lazarus wrote:
Dear all,

I noticed that
TFilenameedit onchange event is raised differently between win-linux and osx.
Windows and Linux behave in the same way, osx differently.

Onchange event is raised on windows and linux when click ok after file selection. While on osx Onchange is raised only if I directly edit the tfilenameedit.

Additionally, I tried onacceptfilename. It is raised when I select a file using the dialog but TFilenameedit.Filename = '' (win, lin, osx).

Any hints?

Andrea Mauri