Am 23.09.2017 18:30 schrieb "Graeme Geldenhuys via Lazarus" <
lazarus@lists.lazarus-ide.org>:

> On 2017-09-23 12:36, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>>>
>>> FPC doesn't even cover the most basic of things - no decent debugger
>>> that can handle all the Object Pascal language features. :-/
>

>> Of course not. FPC is not a debugger, it is a compiler.
>

> Strange then that FPC includes many other tools like documentation
generators and such. But something as critical as a debugger has always
been brushed under the carpet (low or no priority). A compiler and debugger
go hand-in-hand as part of a developer's "toolbox" - think minimum
requirements.

Considering that both compilers and debuggers are considered part of the
Holy Trinity of programming (with the third being operating systems) I
personally am not surprised as writing any of those three is a hard task,
much harder than e.g. a documentation generator and we definitely don't
have the manpower for that.

Regards,
Sven