On 2017-09-27 09:38, Andreas Frieß via Lazarus wrote:
What is my mistake of understanding ?

You made a couple of mistakes and highlighted a bug in the PDF exporter.

Mistakes:

1.  You never registered the standard page sizes with:
         PaperManager.RegisterStandardSizes;

2.  Your report used LiberationSans font. Make sure you added
    the search paths to the font cache. eg:

          {$IFDEF UNIX}
            gTTFontCache.SearchPath.Add(GetUserDir + '.fonts/');

gTTFontCache.SearchPath.Add('/data/devel/Wisa/fonts/Liberation/');
          {$ENDIF}

3.  You positioned a lot of reporting elements overlapping each
    other. Correct positioning will help you see things better. ;-)

Bug:

   The PDF exporter didn't handle Page.Orientation of Landscape
   correctly, and rendered such pages from the bottom upwards.
   I supplied a patch to FPC's Mantis so hopefully Michael or
   somebody could commit that soon.

After all that, the report renders just fine.

ps:
  Note that I compiled your project using the latest fpReport from
  FPC Trunk. I simply set the correct Unit Source Path in the project.
  You don't need to use FPC Trunk compiler - I used FPC 2.6.4.

Regards,
  Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/