Hi,

Playing around with TMemDataset, I dropped it on a form, then clicked "..." button of the FileName property in the Object Inspector. The file dialog shows that I can select ANY file, so I selected a PNG file and set Active = True. ;-) NO surprise, that didn't work as expected. Incorrect data stream.

Clearly the TMemDataset expects a specific file format, so why doesn't the File Open dialog list the file type and file extension that is expected.

Using Lazarus 1.9.0 r54792 FPC 3.0.2 x86_64-freebsd-gtk2

Regards,
  Graeme