On 01/09/2018 12:03 PM, Vojtěch Čihák via Lazarus wrote:

Hi,

example - you write:

i:=5;

and hit Ctrl+Shift+X on that line and it will open dialog where you can choose if you want to create "i" as a local or class variable.

V.

> Od: Donald Ziesig via Lazarus <lazarus@lists.lazarus-ide.org>
> Komu: lazarus@lists.lazarus-ide.org
> Datum: 09.01.2018 17:54
> Předmět: [Lazarus] Source | complete code - does nothing.

Hi All:

I was just playing with text editing "toys" such as code completion, outlines, etc.  While doing this I discovered that clicking on the menu entry:

Source
  Complete Code (with Dialog)   Ctrl-Shift-X

does nothing.  No dialog, no changes to text in editor.

I  then tried Ctrl-Shift-X with similar (no) results.

This is not a major issue for me, I was just being curious, but I would think that a main menu entry should do *something* ;-).

What is it supposed to do?

I am using the release version of Lazarus 1.8 (dated 2017-12-13) on Linux Mint 18.3 with gtk2.

Thanks,

Don Ziesig

Thanks, got it.  I thought if I entered "i :=" then ctrl-shift-x it would ask for a value and type, but it just throws an error in the messages form.

Don