On 15/01/18 17:25, John Landmesser via Lazarus wrote:
I'm on Linux-Mint Cinnamon and i want to associate *.lpi with lazarus Application:

*.lpi is of Filetype XML, but we need the fileExtension *.lpi here!!

found:

lazarus.desktop

copied:

 cp '/home/john1/lazarus/install/lazarus.desktop' /usr/share/applications/

and

lazarus-mime.xml

copied:

 cp '/home/john1/lazarus/install/lazarus-mime.xml' '/usr/share/mime/application/'

Content of these two files seems to define for what i'm looking for, but reboot wasn't enough.

What i'm missing to get the filetypes/extension-Database updated?

Tipps are welcome!!

Navigate to any .lpi file on your disk using the file browser (Nemo). Right click on that .lpi, and choose Properties. In the xxxx.lpi Properties dialog click on the third button at the top, Open With, and choose Lazarus from the list (if it is installed) or use the edit box at the bottom of the dialog to locate a Lazarus or StartLazarus executable if you have a various Lazarus versions to choose from. You can set this choice as the default.

Howard