On 2018-03-14 16:52, Anthony Walter via Lazarus wrote:
Regarding changing the OS theme to change the application theme, in some cases this is undesirable.

I've made that argument over 12 years ago to the Lazarus team, and every few years after that. They shot me down every time. Initially I wanted to use LCL and Lazarus IDE for enterprise based commercial software. All my clients wanted own styled applications - separate from the OS. LCL couldn't deliver [and for some more reasons] I had to leave LCL behind. I then implemented a whole new toolkit (and partly for fun and learning) to accomplish cross-platform development with FPC and that allows individual applications to be fully themeable.

I'm glad to hear that LCL finally has some sort of themeing interface, but based on these discussions, I guess it is not working 100% for all LCL based applications. At least the project is heading in the right direction.

Regards,
  Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/