On Fri, 23 Mar 2018, Ondrej Pokorny via Lazarus wrote:

On 23.03.2018 8:11, Michael Van Canneyt via Lazarus wrote:
Since I don't want dependencies on other packages - only the LCL can be used - this is not an option...

Unfortunately LCL always uses native widgets - including dialogs. Non-native and custom widgets (that are not in the VCL) are left for 3rd party vendors. The Lazarus CCR (where mbColorLib is hosted) is a good place for such 3rd party custom components. E.g. virtual tree view and fpspreadsheet are hosted there as well. I am sure you can get commit rights for it if you want to improve libraries stored there.

If you like to write your own alpha channel color dialog (based on mbColorLib or not), you are welcome to host it on LazarusCCR as well.

I need it for FPReport, meaning it must be in Lazarus itself, so I will
write a minimalistic dialog that supports Alpha and include it in the report
designer package.

Michael.