On 24.04.2018 21:41, Graeme Geldenhuys via Lazarus wrote:
On 2018-04-24 19:36, Ondrej Pokorny via Lazarus wrote:
The "Source -> Enclose in IFDEF" dialog comes to mind.
I don't see a problem here. Can you be specific?
I've just retested with Lazarus Trunk, and indeed it is keyboard
friendly now. It definitely wasn't so before. Not sure when it got
improved, but I'm very glad it is. I'll start using it again.

Yes, people have actually improved many dialog's UX. AlexeyT has been one of them.

The Package windows too.
This one is better to be used with mouse. Honestly, I don't know how you
want to redesign it to be usable with the keyboard.
The ability to quickly search and open a package (probably project
dependies only) and then be able to quickly do actions like Build,
Search for unit etc.

For "Search for unit" there is a new feature in trunk: Menu -> File -> Open Unit. It lists all available units for current file that you can quickly open.

Maybe you can use it instead.

And the ability to switch back to the main editor
windows again.

Currently I can't tab between toolbar buttons, can't trigger the "More"
dropdown.

Unfortunately that's how the TToolBar works. No chance to change it. We'd need a new toolbar component that would accept focus for the tool buttons.

I can't even figure out how to tab between IDE windows (I can
tab between ALL applications currently open, but not just Lazarus).

I don't know about other OS than Windows, but it is indeed not possible yet (on Windows). For now, you have to declare a shortcut to show/focus a specific IDE window.

But it should be easily possible to add support for this. E.g. take a look how the tabbing through recent editor files is done (Ctrl+~, Ctrl+Shift+~). A similar function could be easily adapted to tab through open IDE windows as well.

Ondrej