Is it possible to link a C or possibly C++ program into a Lazarus one by simply calling its main() function? Has anybody actually done this?

I've got a couple of C/C++ programs which are based on stdin/stdout user interaction (no curses etc.) but have thoroughly unpleasant keyboard requirements and odd output encoding. I find myself wondering whether they could be given a more friendly frontend by wrapping them in a Lazarus app, with an on-screen keyboard similar to what's found on a tablet etc.

I would, obviously, be able to rename main() if necessary, as well as I/O functions.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk