31.01.2019 14:01, Henry Vermaak via lazarus пишет:
On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 08:19:47PM +0300, Maxim Ganetsky via lazarus wrote:
30.01.2019 20:10, Henry Vermaak via lazarus пишет:
I've had a problem with multi-line translations not working and realised
that an extra '\n' was appended to the last line of the msgid in the PO
file causing the translation lookup to fail.  I'm assuming that this is
a bug, but thought I'd ask here first.

Should be fixed in r60268.

Note that multiline strings seem to be always stored with Unix-style linebreaks in MO file, while in form they can have e.g. Windows-style or maybe even Mac-style linebreaks. Because of this, these strings should be normalized with regards to linebreaks before searching in MO file.

Linebreak at the end of multilined string should be present as per PO format examples, most PO editors add it anyway.

Also note, that loading multiline resourcestrings from MO files probably won't work in many cases for aforementioned reasons too, because Gettext unit does not account for platform-specific lineending changes at all.

--
Best regards,
 Maxim Ganetsky                  mailto:gan...@narod.ru