On Sat, 17 Aug 2019 16:43:38 +0200, Martin Frb via lazarus
<lazarus@lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

>I attached a ready to go replacement file.
>Make a copy of your original
>   components/macroscript/emsselftest.pas
>and then put the attached file into it.
>
>Tools > Option > editor macro script : "Test again"
>    (this deletes/reset editormacroscript.xml from your primary conf,
>which is the file that stores the error)
>Tools > Rebuild Lazarus IDE
>Restart
>
>The new error should be shown on IDE start.

Now after getting 2.0.5 working in Win7 I returned to the RPi4
uinstallation of 2.0.4 and replaced the emsselftest.pas file as
described above, then rebuilt the IDE and opened Lazarus and clicked
the "test again" button. Closed and started Lazarus and received the
message again.

The editormacroscript.xml now contains this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<CONFIG>
  <EMS>
    <Settings SelfTestError="Replace All [Exp: True / Got: False /
Info: False  / SynTxt: Test abc abcde 123
]" SelfTestFailed="1"/>
  </EMS>
</CONFIG>

Does this explain what is wrong on the RPi4 installation?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden